Countdown to races!
- IM 70.3 Puerto Rico – 4 weeks
- Clermont – 6 weeks
- St. Anthony’s – 11 weeks
All about that base!
Lay the groundwork now to perform stronger all year.
Whether yo are hoping to get a better time goal, reduce a few pounds, or simply increase you bike FTP… you’ll benefit from focusing on the first couple of months on building your base.
all athletes must build mileage gradually, never exceeding 10% increases from week to week and should vary the length of their training. Therefore, it is important for you to keep record if your training. If you haven’t already, please create your training peaks account at:
Cross training is key to your development and success. As triathletes, we have the convenience in cross training with swimming, biking and running. However, strength training is key to your success. Next week’s article we will be over strength training.
Breakfast of the day
Green Eggs and Ham
- Savory oatmeal makes a great lunch or dinner. Lean ham and eggs pack protein to satisfy your hunger, while spinach contains nitrates that improve muscle functioning during exercise.
- Stir int he pot
- 1/2 cup low sodium chick or vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground petter
- Top each serving with
- 1 ounce black forest ham, chopped
- 1 fried egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- dash of hot sauce