End of Season Sale. CFL Tri Club athletes can save 35% off on Maverick Wetsuits, most Viper Swimskins*, and SIM II Buoyancy Shorts, a 10% kicker over your normal discount. As a reminder, your code is T-CFL-MAVERICKEOS-35.
Use that code to gear up with products designed to help you #findfaster in training and on race day:
Wednesday – Swim
- Aquatic Center at 5:30 am
- Coach Hector on Deck working on Technique
As many of you are aware it is race week at Haines City 70.3; therefore, enclosed you will find the schedule and workout for this weekend:
Haines City Group:
- Friday – Off
- Saturday: 20/20/20
- Location: Lucky’s Lake
- Time: 7:15 am
- 20 min of swim, focus on navigating, I will like for you to do one lap, easy on the way out and tempo on the way back.
- 20 min bike: 5 min easy focusing on your cadence and easing into a rhythm, the give me 3 x 2 min at race pace effort with 3 min easy, he last set will be setting you up for the run.
- 20 min run, 5 min easing into your pace and the you are going to give me 5 x 20 sec pick ups with 40 sec jog recovery; 5 x 60 sec at Tempo Pace /zone 3 with 60 sec jog recovery
- I want you done by 9 am. Go have breakfast and follow the plan discussed yesterday.
- Sunday: Haines City – Arrive at 5 am. Suck it up buttercup…. its Game Time!
Friday – Swim and Run
- Warm up:
- 300 free / 400 pull / 300 free / 200 kick
- Main Set:
- 10 x 100 Race Pace + :15 (SI
- Cool Down: 300
- Run: 30 min easy run
Saturday – Bike / Run
- Duration: 3 hour bike followed by a 30 min run
- Location: Lee Vista and 436
- Warm up: 30 min easy at zone 1 with cadence 90 rpm
- 5 x 1 min at 90 -95% of FTP with 2 min easy
- 10 min at Zone 2 with cadence 90 rpm Total
- Main Set:
- 3 x 30 min as 20 min at Half Ironman / Tempo Pace / Zone 3 pace with 5 min at Zone 2
- Cool down: 5 min easy – Spin out your legs and get ready for the run.
- 30 min run: 5 min easing into your pace and then 20 min at Tempo Pace/ Zone 3 ; Cool Down: 5 min easy
Sunday – Long Run at Haines City
- Our team is racing and it will be great if you did your 12 mile run at the site and stay there and support the team.