Countdown to races!
- Gulf Coast Triathlon – May 9, 2015 Website
- Heartland Triathlon – Sebring, FL – Youth Championship – June 20 – 21, 2015 – www.heartlandtri.com/
- Huntington’s Disease Triathlon – Club Championship – July 26, 2015
- Registration: http://www.huntingtonsdiseasefl.org
Healthy Weight – Loss Guidelines!
A healthy weight for an athlete is about how you feel and perform, not just about how you perceive how you look or what the scale is telling you. It can be difficult in our society to keep a healthy perspective on weight. . The ideal has become more muscular and leaner than ever, while as a whole the population is gaining weight. Often the ideal portrayed in the media is unhealthy and unrealistic and can only be attained through excessive exercise and overly restrictive eating.
Healthy weight loss starts with setting realistic goal and avoiding quick, unbalanced, and extreme weight-loss approaches. Try to accomplish your goal in a reasonable amount of time and during the off-season for your sport. Let’s take a look at some sensible weight-loss guidelines.
- Set a realistic body-composition and weight-loss goal.
- Set a realistic calorie deficit
- Remember that trimming no more than 200 to 300 calories daily may be the safest and most effective long-term weight-loss approach
- Consume enough energy or calories so that you stay above a threshold that is considered too low an would result in a lowering of resting metabolic rate.
Congratulations to all of the athletes who raced at Sprint in Virginia.
- Sprint Distance
- Luis Ortiz
- Chester Cooper
|Time||5 am||5:30 am||5 am||5:30 am||7:30 am||7:00 am|
|Location||DTWN||Aquatic Center||DTWN||Aquatic Center||Lucky’s Lake||436 and Lee Vista|
|Sport||Bike / Run||Swim/Run||Run||Swim||Swim / Run||Bike / Run|
|Note||Brick workout||Brick Workout||Tempo||Speed||Special Event||Tempo Ride|