What an amazing weekend! Congratulations to all of the athletes who raced this past weekend:
- Risa W. – IM World Championship Hawaii
- Danny Jaca – (70.3 Venice)
Your hard work payed off! Keep up the good work!
New to the Club
Lets welcome Jorge to the Club. Sunday was his first Run Practice
Join the Club: Link
Plan Ahead! – Coach Torres
Expect the unexpected, so when the unexpected happens, you know exactly what you need to do. As we get closer to our races, it is very important to plan ahead and lay everything out the night prior.
- How many Bottles can my bike carry? The amount of bottles will dictate the amount of hours you will be out there. If I have two bottles of hydration and one with water, I should have completed all three bottles by the second hour and will need to replenish.
- How much sodium should I take? On cooler morning, you won’t need as much sodium. Take a minimum of 600-1,000 mg of sodium per hour if you’re female and 800-1200 mg of sodium per hour if you’re male. Aim for the high end of these ranges for longer events
- How much nutrition should I consume? How long is your event? That will dictate what you should eat? Which energy system are you going to be using primarily? Talk to your coach, in which is the best approach for our next race. You have my number… text me and we can talk?
Enclosed you will find an example of what I put in my Transition Bags for an Ironman Race.
Enclosed you will find the upcoming events that we have for 2023! Click below for more information.
- 2023 Tri Training Cruise – January 27 – 30, 2023
- 2023 St. George Cycling and Running Camp – March 22 – 26, 2023
- 2023 Running Training Cruise – Europe – August 27 – Sept 3, 2023
Let me know if you have any questions.
Week of October 10 – 16, 2022 – Schedule
Do not swim at Lucky’s Lake as of yet!
Monday – Swim (Muscular Endurance)
- Warm up:
- 300 free
- 400 pull
- 300 free
- 200 kick
- Main Set:
- 10 x 100 Race Pace + :15 (SI
- Swim all 100s +/- 1 sec
- Cool Down: 300
Keep up the good work and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate on contacting me!