Puerto Rico needs our help! Please donate none perishable items such as food in a can, batteries, water, clothing …. whatever you have extra!
Donate at Tri Peak Athlete, LLC
Address: 617 Virginia Dr, Orlando, Florida this Saturday from 9 am – 12n
Please forward the message to anyone you may know that can help!
Enclosed you will find the swim workout for Friday Morning at the Aquatic Center at 5:30 am.
- Advanced: 1000 free Swim
- Intermediate: 750 Free Swim
- Beginner: 3 x 150 free swim
Main Set A:
- 8 x 150 Pull Desc 1 – 8 with 20 sec RI
- 8 x 100 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 15 sec RI
- 8 x 50 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 10 sec RI
- Note: On Number 4 and 5 on each set, please do the set with one paddle on one hand and a fin on the opposite leg. Focus on streamlined and being efficient.
- 5 x 150 Pull Desc 1 – 8 with 20 sec RI
- 5 x 100 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 15 sec RI
- 5 x 50 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 10 sec RI
- 3 x 150 Pull Desc 1 – 8 with 20 sec RI
- 3 x 100 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 15 sec RI
- 3 x 50 Pul Desc 1 – 8 with 10 sec RI
Cool Down: 100 easy
10 min easy – gradually build your pace
4 x 15 sec accelerators with 45 sec jog recovery and/or drills
Total Warm up: 15 min
8 x 1k as
1 – 3 at 10k pace with 2 min walk recovery (last 30 sec start jogging)
4 – 5 at 10k pace with 4 min walk recovery (Last 30 sec start jogging)
6 – 8 at 10k pace with 2 min walk recovery (last 30 sec start jogging)
Cool down: 5 min easy… however, include 4 x 20 sec pick ups with 20 sec jog recovery
10 x 100 Race Pace + :15 (SI
Swim all 100s +/- 1 sec
Cool Down: 300
Duration: 100 – 120 minutes
Time: 5 am
Please bring your nutrition.
Due to the Hurrican Irma debry, it is still not safe to go biking outside. I will be hosting a bike trainer session out of my office at 4 am for four hours and a 30 min run out of my office. The first 11 people to confirm will get a slot. You will need to bring your own water, your nutrition, arrive on time and stay for the whole thing. Please text me at 321-443-0073.
Hector L Torres
The downtown YMCA opent today at 8 am.
If you can get your swim workout in at another YMCA that will be great:
- Warm up:
- 16 x 50 easy at 10 sec RI
- 6 x 75 as 2 free/1 kick with 15 sec RI
- Main Set:
- 8 x 100 as (Sprint, Easy , Sprint, easy so on) – these need to be all out… so take the time recovery! 45 sec RI
- Cool Down: 300 easy
I am very proud to announce that I am running for National Board member for USA Triathlon in representing the Florida Region. I have worked very hard the past eight years to build a strong Florida Region with its program and development of the sport. I need your help and your vote. Enclosed you will find my full platform and how to vote. The USAT election opens on September 15, 2017 12:01 AM CDT and closes on October 15, 2017 11:59 PM CDT.
To vote in the 2017 election, access the ballot email from Survey & Ballot Systems. If you didn’t receive the email please contact Sharon Carns, email@example.com. In order to vote in this election, you must be a member of USA Triathlon by 8/17/2017 12:00 pm mountain standard time (MST).
You might have received an email already; however, it might have gone into spam. Please check your Junk/Spam folder!
My name is Hector L Torres, and I am running for National Board Member for the Florida Region. I have had the honor and privilege to serve on the Florida Regional Board for nine years. I believe that the leadership and work I have accomplished reflects my commitment toward helping grow and develop our sport in the Florida Region. I have learned so much from working with the National Board, Federation employees, Council Chairs from other regions and the dedicated council members on my regional board. In addition to this experience, I have a passion for learning from, listening to and serving our membership. I envision much-continued growth for USA Triathlon, and I very much hope to have the opportunity to provide services at a higher level as your Florida Region National Board Member.
- USA Triathlon Florida Region Chair, 2008 – present
- Oversee the development of the Triathlon sport in the Florida region by developing programs designed to grow our sport
- USA Triathlon International Relations Committee Chair, 2015 – present
- USA Triathlon National Championship Committee, 2014 – 2016
- Active triathlete since 2003 – 14 years. Have raced all over the world including 25 Ironman events.
- Certified USA Triathlon Level 2 – Elite Coach
- Certified USA Cycling Level 2 – Coach
- Certified USA Track and Field Level 1 – Coach
- Certified USA Swimming – Coach
- Certified USA Weightlifting – Coach
- Certified CSCS – National Strength Conditioning Coach
- Two Masters Degrees:
- Sport and Fitness – Concentration Sports Leadership and Coaching
- Health Science – Exercises Science concentration Sport Performance
- Built Tri Peak Athlete, LLC Coaching company, and CFL Tri Club – non-profit triathlon training club, largest triathlon club in Central Florida and the most structured club in the nation.
- Active writer and commentator on our sport around the world
- Before pursuing my passion of sports management/coaching was Marketing/Promotions Director for six radio stations throughout the East Coast.
- Led the development of Paratriathlon in the Florida Region
- Head Coach of Team USA for Paratriathlon in 2012
- Revamped the programming from ground zero in the Florida Region
- Implemented Regional Hall of Fame 2015 – present
- Organized and directed first ITU CAMTRI camp in the USA.
- Lead Ambassador for the Gay Games in 2006
Goals for USA Triathlon
- Increased focus on our Age Group athletes – events and their experiences
- Continued openness and transparency to our National Board and our athletes
- Further work to help the development of triathlon in all regions in the USA.
- Strengthen our working relationship with Ironman and the International Triathlon Union.
- Expand and encourage the participation of youth and women in events of all distances.
- Work to professionalize, enhance, and grow the Paralympics’ program
- Rules Harmonization
- Ensure our sport remains clean through supporting anti-doping education and controls
I need your help, please vote!
I hope you are all doing well. Due to the hurricane, the YMCA is still closed due to electrical issues. Therefore, we are meeting out of Tri Peak Athlete, LLC for a bike trainer session and a run. I only have space for 12 people. Please let me know if you can attend.
Hector L Torres
USAT Elite Coach, USAC Lv 2, USAS and USATF & MS
Tri Peak Athlete, LLC
617 Virginia Dr.
Orlando, FL 32803
E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain material protected and governed by the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless authorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender of this message. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Swim Workout – Anaerobic Workout / 30 min easy run
- 5:30 am
- Aquatic Center
- Duration: 90 min
- Distance: 3500