Enclosed you will find the breakdown for this weekend:
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Lucky’s Lake Swim
- Time: 7:30 am
- Sport: Light Brick
- 2 – 3 laps
- 20 min – 60 min bike
- 20 – 30 min run
- Note: During the set you will include some 30 sec acceleratos. If you are racing this weekend, please do the shorter part of the workout.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Haines City – Race Day
- Not Racing –
- If you are not racing, please do the following run:
- warm up:
- 15 min easy run
- 4 x 30 sec build with 2 min easy
- Total warm up: 25 min
- Main Set:
- 4 x 12 min at Temp or half marathon with 1 min walk with 2 min easy jog
- Cool down: 5 min easy jog
- I am looking for your efforts to be the same through out the main sets. Don’t go to hard or your will die towards the end.
Keep up the good work and I’ll see you on Tuesday,
Hector L Torres
Head Coach / Central Florida Tri Club
Tri Peak Athlete, LLC
USA Triathlon Florida Regional Chair
USA Triathlon Coach Lvl 2
USA Cycling Coach Lvl 2
USA Track and Field Lvl 1
USA Swimming Coach
Tri-Bike Fit Professional
This past weekend was an amazing week of great news!
- Ironman New Zealand
2. F1 Draft Legal Race
- Luis Ortiz – 2nd Place Overall
- Chester Cooper
3. New Born
- Cerena Hardney
- Stephanie Rice
- I apologize I don’t know the babies name.
Enclosed you will find the schedule for this week. Keep in mind you have the following countdown of your races:
- Clermont – 3 weeks
- Haines City and Puerto Rico 70.3 – 6 weeks
- St. Anthony’s – 8 weeks
- Monday – 5:30 am – Aquatic Center – Swim
- Tuesday – 5:00 am – Downtown YMCA – Bike Trainer / Run (Do you have a bike trainer?)
- Wednesday – 5:00 am – Run
- Thursday – 5:00 am – Bike/Run
- Friday – 6:30 am – Lucky’s Lake – Swim
- Saturday – 7:30 am -Lake Minneola
- For those who are doing a longer race such as IM or 70.3 and want to start a little bit earlier. We will be starting out of my office at 6:00 am. If you are interested, make sure you have lights and on time.
- Sunday – 7:00 am – Downtown YMCA – Run (Please visit the CFL Tri Club website for Updates) – Or optional day off
As the YMCA on International Dr. is having a swim meet, we will be meeting at the Downtown YMCA. Make sure you arrive on time. We will be swimming at the outside pool. If you can not make it. Here is the swim workout for today:
6 x 50 as 25 drill / 25 free with 15 sec RI
– Catch up
– Fist Drill
200 easy pull
10 x 200
– 1 – 3 Free @ (70 75%) Rest :05 – :10
– 4 – 7 Pull @ (70 – 75%) Rest :10 – :15
– 8 – 10 Free @ (70 – 75%) rest :05 – :10
8 x 100 kick with board
– 1- 4 @ 1:40 (75 – 80%)
– 5 – 8 @ 1:50, descend 65 – 70% -> 90 – 95% Rest was :15 – :25
– 7:30 am
– Lucky’s Lake Swim
– 2 laps, 40 min bike and 10k run
– 6:30 am
– Downtown YMCA
– 80 min
Schedule your Bike Fitting – Today! What are the benefits of a proper bike fit? A proper bike fit is essential for injury prevention and maximized efficiency. An optimal position on the bike will allow for greater comfort and enjoyment while riding. All bodies are different and your position on the bike should reflect your biomechanics. Who can benefit from a bike fit? Generally, if you are serious enough to clip into a bike, you will benefit from a bike fit. Whether you are a professional or recreational rider, getting the proper bike fit is an effective yet economical way to improve performance. How long does a Bike fitting take? An average fit with fitting lasts 90 minutes. However, if you have major adjustments or component changes, the fit may be longer.
Schedule your bike fitting today at: www.tripeakathlete.com or via phone: 321-443-0073
Cleaning up your diet starts with scouring your kitsch for items laced with added sweeteners. A 2013 report in the American Journal of Public Health followed nearly 5,000 men and women over 30 years and found that participants’ calorie intake from added sugars increased by about 50 percent during that time period. As sugar consumption increased, so did waist measurements. “Sweeteners deliver empty calories and encourage overeating,” says Chris Mohr, Ph.D., R.D. a sports nutritionist in Louisville, “both of which lead to weight gain.”
Spring Clean ->
Scan ingredients on packaged foods and choose those with little if any added sweeteners. Replace sugary breakfast cereals, flared yogurts, and reduced-fat peanut butter (which often swaps fat for sugar) with steel-cut oats, plain yogurt, and natural nut butter.
The morning battle?
The alarm goes off, you roll-over and stare at the blinking digital numbers on the clock wondering what day it is… it is Monday morning. The weekend is over, most good hang out places are closed and your daily routine begins. Wednesday, the second longest day of the week, most of the times your long-run day, it is the peak of your training during the week. No other day is as long as this day. However, incorporating specific strength training can allow you to go over the hump during the middle of the week. Strength training does more than just prevent injury. Even in a multi-hour endurance event, explosive power is key for performance, and lifting is one of the best ways to improve.
Translate to the sport
Sport-specific strength training such as swimming with paddles or doing big-gear climbs on the bike help translate power gains in the gym back to triathlon, even though these workouts this means, unfortunately, there is no one plan that is perfect for everybody. However, regardless of their focus, triathletes should always strive to incorporate whole body exercises into their strength training, in order to get the biggest benefits from the work they are putting in.