This week is going to be an amazing as it is a ‘Breakthrough Training Week.” Time to break the glass ceiling and show me what you got. In other words:
- If I ask you to ‘Go Hard’, go hard! I am not asking you to sprint, hold a sustainable hard effort.
- If I ask you to ‘Go Easy’, go easy! Go Easy so you can allow your body to recover! Listen to your body!
Allow yourself to become the best version of you!
Benefits of BCAA – During Training? (ReFuel / Repair / Recover)
Faster recovery is key to better results. You won’t get any better if you don’t allow your body to repair itself in between workouts. At times we are so focused on getting our next workout that we forget the key component of repairing our muscles to perform at the level we want them to. When that happens, your recovery becomes an after thought… when it is supposed to be your primary focus. I encourage athlete to take BCAA during and post training. BCAA have been clinically shown to support muscle recovery, repair and growth.
There are many brands out there; however, I personally use XTEND amino acids. They always have sales on their protein as well. THIS DOESN’T SUBSTITUTE YOUR ELECTROLYTE DRINK OR NUTRITION.
2022 Breakthrough Training Camp – This Week
This week, Tri Peak Athlete will be hosting the 2022 Breakthrough Training Camp here in Orlando, FL. We have some great coaches presenting and athletes attending as well. We only have four spots left. If you want to see the schedule and get more information. Please visit: https://tripeakathlete.wordpress.com/coachingeducation/ Discount Code: HARDCOREATHELTE
Monday – Swim Workout (Breakthrough Swim)
- Warm Up:
- 200 Free / 300 kick with board and fins / 300 pull buoy and paddles / 200 Free – all of these are done at 65% of your max effort!
- Main Set:
- 500 Free with fins and paddles
- 5 x 100 at 85 – 90% of your max effort with 30 sec recovery
- 400 Pull buoy and paddles
- 4 x 100 at 90% of your max effort with 30 sec recovery
- 300 Pull buoy and paddles
- 3 x 100 at 90% of your max effort with 30 sec recovery
- 100 Easy
- 20 x 25 Freestyle at 100% max effort with double time that it took you to complete it is your recovery.
- Cool down:
- 200 choice