I hope you all had an amazing weekend! This weekend it is going to be a bit different, so please pay close attention to the schedule.
Bike Riding Rules
Moving forward we will have three groups on our weekend group rides.
- Group A:
- Speed: 22 + mph
- Must know course!
- Must know how to ride in peloton.
- Group B:
- Speed: 18 – 20 mph
- Led by Carlos and Jen.
- Must be comfortable riding in group.
- Group C:
- Speed: 16 – 18 mph
- Coached session!
Keep in mind:
- Teamwork: give a helping hand, watch for problems and help each other.
- Be predictable: ride in a straight line, constant speed, unless indicated differently by the coach.
- Communicate: use verbal and hand signals to communicate with other team members and with other traffic.
- Hand signals: use the hand signals for turning and stopping.
- Verbal warning: along with hand signals, verbally warn warn cyclist being you for anything that the person in front calls out.
- Change positions correctly: if you are passing, you pass on the left. If you want to drop behind, signal the rider and allow them to pass you on the left.
- Wait at turns and stops signs! No rolling through!
- WATCH OUT FOR TRAFFIC! Ride for the person behind you, in front of you and yourself! SAFETY!