Ironman 70.3 Puerto Rico
Congratulations to all of the athletes who raced this past weekend in 70.3 Puerto Rico!
- David Berlant
- Roberto Amengual
- Yadira Manzano
- Roberto Amengual
- Lina Miller
- Illeana Villar
- Donald Maccamon
- Jerome Bareth
- Angel Rosario
- Cisco Chavez
- Mercy Sanchez
- The water was calm until the 1 mile into the swim, the last .2 miles it was a battle under the bridge.
- The bike course, there were so many patches and holes that it seemed like an obstacle course.
- The run, hot as hades!
- I am very proud of all of the athletes who finished.
Schedule for this week:
The Aquatic center is closed this week due to swim meets. Therefore, I will be posting the swim workouts for Wednesday and Friday.
Tuesday – Bike / Run
- 5:00 am / Dtwn YMCA
Wednesday – Swim Workout will be posted
Thursday – Bike / Run (Track after bike)
- 5:00 am / DTWN YMCA
Friday – Swim Workout will be posted
Saturday – Special Olympics Triathlon
- Lake Louisa State Park
- 6:30 am
- For those who are not going to the special Olympics triathlon, you are welcome to get your long run. (10 – 12 miles – the last 4 miles at race pace effort)
Sunday – Haines City Bike Course
- 7 am
- 56 miles / Run after bike 5 mile run
Roberto had a dizzy spell in which led him fall on the back when entering transition. His fall led to a concussion and as the fall was in the Zygomatic Bone led to short term memory loss. They also ran some lab work and found a heart condition and didn’t allow him to leave the hospital. He was left under observation. His wife arrived today as he can’t fly home until clearance. Please send prayers towards him and his family. I will keep you all posted.
Disclaimer – For those who use Advocare products such as Spark, please discontinue the use as it may lead to heart palpitations!
I will see you all in the morning!