Your candidate, Hector L Torres for Florida!
1. Go to https://www.directvote.net/usat/ Click on: Email login information. Enter your e-mail and click send. You will get an e-mail ballot
To vote in the 2017 election, access the ballot email from Survey & Ballot Systems. If you didn’t receive the email please contact Sharon Carns, firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to vote in this election, you must be a member of USA Triathlon by 8/17/2017 12:00 pm mountain standard time (MST).
Goals for USA Triathlon
- Increased focus on our Age Group athletes – events and their experiences
- Continued openness and transparency to our National Board and our athletes
- Further work to help the development of triathlon in all regions in the USA.
- Strengthen our working relationship with Ironman and the International Triathlon Union.
- Expand and encourage the participation of youth and women in events of all distances.
- Work to professionalize, enhance, and grow the Paralympics’ program
- Rules Harmonization
- Ensure our sport remains clean through supporting anti-doping education and controls
My name is Hector L Torres, and I am running for National Board Member for the Florida Region. I have had the honor and privilege to serve on the Florida Regional Board for nine years. I believe that the leadership and work I have accomplished reflects my commitment toward helping grow and develop our sport in the Florida Region. I have learned so much from working with the National Board, Federation employees, Council Chairs from other regions and the dedicated council members on my regional board. In addition to this experience, I have a passion for learning from, listening to and serving our membership. I envision much-continued growth for USA Triathlon, and I very much hope to have the opportunity to provide services at a higher level as your Florida Region National Board Member. I have the full support of my region and other Regional Chairs.
I will appreciate your vote!
- USA Triathlon Florida Region Chair, 2008 – present
- Oversee the development of the Triathlon sport in the Florida region by developing programs designed to grow our sport
- USA Triathlon International Relations Committee Chair, 2015 – present
- USA Triathlon National Championship Committee, 2014 – 2016
- Active triathlete since 2003 – 14 years. Have raced all over the world including 25 Ironman events.
- Certified USA Triathlon Level 2 – Elite Coach
- Certified USA Cycling Level 2 – Coach
- Certified USA Track and Field Level 1 – Coach
- Certified USA Swimming – Coach
- Certified USA Weightlifting – Coach
- Certified CSCS – National Strength Conditioning Coach
- Two Masters Degrees:
- Sport and Fitness – Concentration Sports Leadership and Coaching
- Health Science – Exercises Science concentration Sport Performance
- Built Tri Peak Athlete, LLC Coaching company, and CFL Tri Club – non-profit triathlon training club, largest triathlon club in Central Florida and the most structured club in the nation.
- Active writer and commentator on our sport around the world
- Before pursuing my passion of sports management/coaching was Marketing/Promotions Director for six radio stations throughout the East Coast.
- Led the development of Paratriathlon in the Florida Region
- Head Coach of Team USA for Paratriathlon in 2012
- Revamped the programming from ground zero in the Florida Region
- Implemented Regional Hall of Fame 2015 – present
- Organized and directed first ITU CAMTRI camp in the USA.
- Lead Ambassador for the Gay Games in 2006