Enclosed you will find the most common terminology used for triathletes:
- N/S (Negative Splits): Take off 1 – 2 seconds per each lap.
- MOD: Moderate effort
- Pull: Place pull buoy in-between your legs and use paddles on your hands
- Kick/Streamline: You will use a kick board. However, a streamline kick with your arms extended and head in between. Take 6 – 12 kicks and then take a stroke to breath.
- Descending: You will gradually get faster per each set.
- Ascending: You will gradually decrease your speed per each set.
- Lung Buster: Breathing ever 3, 5, 7 stroke.
- Passing: Cyclist will pass another cyclist only on their left.
- I-Pods or MP3 players: Music devices are not allowed during the training session. It is against the law!
- Riding on the right of the road.
- Recovery Pace – Easy / Zone 1
- Long Run Pace – Endurance Pace / Zone 2
- Tempo Pace – Half Marathon Pace / Zone 3
- Threshold – 10k Pace / Zone 4
- Anaerobic – 5k / Zone 5