Achieve your personal best!
There are several tips on how to pace yourself during a race. Do not over exert yourself on the swim, cause you are not going to win it in the swim… but you will lose it on the swim if you are way back. On the bike, if you have a power meter, follow your power output. If you over exert yourself, you will be depleted when you get to the run. When it comes to long course racing, these are my recommendations on the run:
- Hold Back! Running the second half of a race faster than the first is a smart pacing strategy. To pull it off, resist the urge to go guns blazing at the start. Be patient, and run a pace that’s 10 to 20 seconds slower than your goal.
- Find your happy place. Use the middle part of the race to find your rhythm and gradually work up to goal pace by the halfway mark. If you slow down at a water stop, gradually return to your race pace.
- Unleash the inner beast! Tap into the energy you conserved earlier to unleash the beast for a kick to the finish. You’ll gain confidence gliding past others doing the “survivor’s shuffle.”
Courage to Tri… USA Triathlon 2014 Club Regional Championship
Join us for the Summers Best Sprint Triathlon…..and show the other TRI Clubs you have what it takes for the
Triple Bridge Challenge!
The race starts at Sand Key Park, Clearwater
Make sure your club is represented
See you August 23rd…
Awards for the Top 3 clubs
Use Discount Code: FLCLUB10
Enclosed you will find the schedule for this week. Keep in mind you have the following countdown of your races:
- Clermont Sprint Race – July 12, 2014
- Club Championship – Courage to Tri – August 23, 2014
- Augusta 70.3 – September, 2014
- Ironman Hawaii – October 11, 2014
- Ironman Florida – November 1, 2014
- Ironman Cozumel – November 30, 2014 – 152 days left
- Monday – 5:30 am – Aquatic Center – Swim
- Tuesday – 5:00 am – Downtown YMCA – Bike Trainer / Run
- Wednesday – 5:30 am – Aquatic Center – Swim and Run
- Thursday – 5:00 am – Downtown YMCA – Run
- Friday – 7:45 am – Lucky’s Lake Swim – Open water swim
- 3 laps
- Saturday – 6:30 am- Lake Minneola, Clermont, FL- Bike
- 3 hour bike
- Sunday – 6:30 am – Downtown YMCA – Run